It’s time to spice up your kitchen with essential spices, seasonings, and herbs. Transform your everyday dishes into savoury cuisine and give life to the simplest dining. The necessities may differ from one person to another. From seasoning, preserving food to be used as medications, in dyes, and perfume, spices hold an esteemed spot for years now.
“The word spice originated from the Latin species, meaning wares or merchandise.”
Spice Up Your Savoury Cuisine With:
- Cumin Powder: Bless your everyday soups, stews, and vegetables with this spice for an aromatic flavour and earthy colour. Cumin is esteemed globally for yielding earthy, warm, spice, peppery taste. Cumin can spark up the flavours of even the simplest meal.
- Red Chilli Powder: This spice can set fire to your taste buds and at times your tummy! The presence of capsaicin in red chillies reduces inflammation, relieves pains, aids weight loss, promotes digestive health, relieves nasal congestion. Red chilli powder can deliver ample benefits to your daily cooking.
- Turmeric Powder: This golden spice is derived from the root plant found in the ginger family (Zingiberaceae). It is popularly used in Asian countries for years as a dye, food colouring agent as well as in Indian traditional medications. The overwhelming taste of this spice is earthy, musky, bitter, and a bit of peppery. Turmeric can be used for treating pains, inflammation, fever, depression, high cholesterol, etc. Turmeric can deliver a warm taste to varying gravies, curries, and stews. Add a rich colour pop up to your aromatic dishes.
- Coriander Powder: One of the essential ingredients for curries and gravies. The mild aroma of coriander will instigate your appetite. This versatile spice can be used in marinades, spice mixes, and sauces. Give your pies, stir-fries, and salad dressings that spicy woody taste.
- Garam Masala Powder: This spice blend is widely used in Indian cooking. From curries to soups, these whole spices blend of cinnamon, peppercorns, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, cardamom pods is tossed in a pan to deliver their pungent flavours and then ground to a fine powder. This hot spice mix boosts digestion and metabolism, prevents bloating, flatulence, and bad breath.
- Salt: The true essential compound, Salt is known for flavouring and preserving food. Add saltiness to your food!
Additionally, other spices that deserve a spot in your Masala Dabba includes:
- Garlic Powder
- Nutmeg (Jaiphal)
- Cinnamon (Dalchinni)
- Asafetida (Hing)
- Black Mustard Seeds (Mori/Rai)
- Green Cardamom Pods (Elaichi)
- Dried Fenugreek Leaves (Kasuri Methi)
- Cloves (Laung)
- Fennel Seeds (Badi Shep)
The Masala Dabba & Expiry
Spices can be stored in airtight containers away from sun exposure so that they retain freshness. Ground spices usually oxidize more often as compared to whole spices because of their large exposed surface area. They also tend to lose their potency over a period of time. On the contrary, whole spices may last up to a year.
Spice a dish with love and care to please every palate with Healthy roots. Your versatile store to buy the best quality spices in India.