- Tofu is a popular food derived from soya beans. A versatile ingredient with many health benefits, Tofu is an excellent source of all nine essential amino acids, iron, calcium, and other micronutrients.
- The whole process of making tofu is very similar to making cheese. As tofu is becoming popular among health-conscious people, it is not surprising to discover tofu in every grocery store. A nutritionally rich food from a health perspective, TOFU provides the same benefits as soya beans do.
Nutrients in TOFU:
- Known for being a good source of protein, it is also a valuable plant source of iron, calcium, and minerals like manganese and phosphorus. It equally contains magnesium, copper, zinc, and vitamin B1. It helps to lower the levels of bad cholesterol (LDL) making it good for the heart’s health.
- Tofu has an amazing ability to work with almost all types of flavours and foods because of its neutral taste. Tofu comes in different degrees of firmness: silken, soft, and firm. Silken is best for blending into smoothies and desserts, and miso soup. Soft is ideal for heartier soups and stews, and the firm is used for stir-frying, deep-frying, and baking.
- TOFU is a perfect balance of taste and health!
Showing all 3 results